The forms on this page are for filing City of Toronto Act appeals only. For property assessment appeals see Filing an Appeal.
Note: Documents you submit to the Board are available to the public on request subject to limited exceptions.
Steps for filing a City of Toronto Act appeal:
You cannot use E File to file a City of Toronto Act appeal.
- Contact the City of Toronto. Generally, tax applications are made to the City first.
- Wait for a decision from the City on your tax application (in certain sections of the legislation you can also appeal to the Board if the Municipal Council has not made a decision on your application within a specific amount of time.)
- If you disagree with the decision made by the Municipal Council about your application, you can appeal that decision to the Assessment Review Board (ARB). * Also note, in some cases the City will pass a bylaw directing applications to be filed directly with the ARB. Please check with the City before filing with the ARB.
- Use the forms below to file your appeal or application. Choose the correct form as it provides specific information about filing fees and deadlines.
- For the legislation regulating these appeals, refer to the City of Toronto Act, 2006.
- For information on how to file an application to cancel or reduce your taxes because of extreme poverty or illness contact the City of Toronto.
City of Toronto Act Appeals, Applications and Complaints
Dispute Comparable Properties
Vacant Unit Rebate
Cancel, Reduce, Refund Municipal Property Taxes
Limits on Traditional Municipal Taxes
- Information Sheet on City of Toronto Act Appeals (Word)
- Information Sheet on City of Toronto Act Appeals (PDF)
- Information Sheet on Poverty Appeals (Word)
- Information Sheet on Poverty Appeals (PDF)
- Municipal Act Appeal Fee Chart
For Municipality/Treasurer ONLY.
Do not use this form unless you are with the city.
For more information about City of Toronto Act appeals, contact the City regarding the tax account and the application process.