The forms on this page are for filing Municipal Act appeals only. For property assessment appeals see Filing an Appeal.
Note: Documents you submit to the Board are available to the public on request subject to limited exceptions.
Steps for filing a Municipal Act appeal:
You cannot use E File to file a Municipal Act appeal.
- Contact your municipality. Generally, tax applications are made to the municipality first.
- Wait for a decision from the municipality on your tax application (in certain sections of the legislation you can also appeal to the Board if the Municipal Council has not made a decision on your application within a specific amount of time.)
- If you disagree with the decision made by the Municipal Council about your application, you can appeal that decision to the Assessment Review Board (ARB). * Also note, in some cases a municipality will pass a bylaw directing applications to be filed directly with the ARB. Please check with your municipality before filing with the ARB.
- Use the forms below to file your appeal or application. Choose the correct form as it provides specific information about filing fees and deadlines.
- For the legislation regulating these appeals, refer to the Municipal Act, 2001.
Municipal Act Appeals, Applications and Complaints
Dispute Comparable Properties
Sickness or Extreme Poverty
Vacant Unit Rebate
Cancel, Reduce, Refund Municipal Property Taxes
Limitation of Taxes
For Municipality/Treasurer ONLY
Do not use this form unless you are with the municipality
For more information about Municipal Act appeals, contact the municipality where the property is located.